Monday, January 16, 2012

Blog Hopping

Last weekend was great!  Scrapbook Challenges had a blog hop and there was lots of games, fun, challenges and prizes.  I had  one challenges for the blog hop.  The challenge was to create a love/valentine theme layout.  I created a layout on my parents who have been married for 53 years!  Can you say wowsers?



It was fun creating this layout as I cut out a heart from a Cheerios  cereal box and then cut many paper strips and adhered them to the heart.  I then turned the heart over and cut the strips down to the edge of the heart.  I also wanted to put some frilly lace around the heart just like the chocolate heart boxes that I used to get from my parents every year for Valentine's Day.

 Here is another challenge that Bev, another design team member of Scrapbook Challenges came up with.  She challenged everyone to create a layout with just the colours black and white.  Here is my take on this challenge:


This one I used bits and pieces of my stash.  I painted some Maya Road chipboard letters white and stamped them with a script roller stamp that I use for my mixed media projects.  I also punched the heart border, added some ribbon and flowers and for the buttons have black dimensional paint dabbed on them. I love the classic look that black and white give to any layout.

There are several more challenges that I plan on doing this week as the deadline to submit layouts for the challenges is January 22.  I love being challenged and it keeps me creating. 

Well thanks for stopping by and I challenge you to check out www.scrapbookchallenges.com and do some of the challenges. 

Have a scrappy day! 

1 comment: