Friday, June 21, 2013

Flooding Of 2013




Good morning friends!

I am thankful that we are safe and sound but all around me there has been terrible flooding and I normally write on my blog about scrapbooking and happy things but am totally saddened by all the devastation due to the heavy rains we have had and the melting from the mountains.  People have literally seen their homes washed away and there are thousands that have been evacuated.  All I can think of his how can I help?  The army has been called in to help with rescues as some people need to be plucked from their rooftops.  I grew up in Calgary and here are some photos:

http://bizboxtv.com/calgary-flooding-2013-flood-pictures-video/

I now live in a town just outside of Calgary and we have had flooding as well.  Last night, I took this video and some photos.

Canadian Armed Forces Cormorant Helicopter arrives to rescue stranded residents
The Town Of High River

I took this video of my area:



Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. So sad.... praying for those affected.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. So scary. Stay safe, Lee-Anne!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad you are ok, but this is so sad. My thoughts and prayers are with everyone!

    ReplyDelete