Monday, October 28, 2013

Canadian Scrapbooker Magazine October Sketchy Challenge

Hello scrappy friends!  As I am writing this blog post, there is a snow storm in my area and I am enjoying the coziness with the fireplace.   One thing that I know for sure, is that it's perfect weather  for scrapbooking and that's what I  did this past weekend.  

Every month at Canadian Scrapbooker, there is a sketch challenge.  For October's Sketchy Challenge, Sue Sykes,  designed the sketch and I got busy creating a layout of this adorable pair.  Hanna likes to wink at the moment and this brother and sister team look so adorable in their Fall clothes.  Here's the sketch.


Here is what I came up with.


Wink Wink
Cardstock - American Crafts
Chipboard Letters - American Crafts
Chipboard Pumpkin - Creative Embellishments
Corrugated Shapes - Maya Road
Distress Stain and Paints - Tim Holtz
Embellishments - Elsies
Kraft Doily - Maya Road
Letter Stickers and Labels - October Afternoon
Mists - October Afternoon Sprinklers
Patterned Paper - October Afternoon
Pearls - Prima
Pen - Marvy Uchida
Sewing Machine Stitching
Twine - Unknown

Photo courtesy of Rockwood Photography

The background is misted with several October Afternoon Sprinklers and I also misted the chipboard letters for the title with mists too.

I am loving the wood embellishments at the moment and placed a few of these cute little birds on the page as well as some corrugated shapes wrapped with twine to give more texture and interest to the layout.
 Finally I used some paint and stain and tinted the chipboard pumpkin shape and added some twine
Well there you have it.  A Fall page of these two cuties that are my daughter's niece and nephew.  I love scrapping them.  They always make me smile.

There is still time to participate in the Canadian Scrapbooker Magazine October Sketchy Challenge.  The deadline to upload your layout is October 31.  Here is the link.

Have an awesome day!  Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. such a fun page and LOVE LOVE all your background work!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another awesome layout from you!!! Super cute page and photos! The "winking" pumpkin is a perfect element with your photos and title!

    ReplyDelete