Friday, June 17, 2016

Flamingo And Pineapple Banner

Hello friends! Today I am up on the Paper House Productions blog with an off the page project.  Yes, I mostly create layouts, but sometimes I like to try other paper crafting projects so I decided on making a banner.

I love banners and I thought this would be perfect for a summer beach party.  Flamingos and pineapples are on trend and I thought they were a perfect addition to the banner to create a tropical feel.


IMG_2986
Flamingo Banner Supply List
IMG_2992
I chose two Silhouette cut files (Flamingo - Silhouette Design #29133728) and (6 Banner Set -Silhouette Design #20957) and cut out 8 flamingo die cut shapes and 8 banner die cut shapes on my electronic die cutting machine.  I added one flamingo die cut to each banner.  Then I added two flamingo stickers and two pineapple stickers as shown. Next I added a butterfly puffy sticker to each banner shape and also a primrose puffy sticker to each flamingo die cut shape.
IMG_2993
Once I had adhered all the stickers,  I added a pink polka dot strip of patterned paper to the top of each banner shape and then machine stitched around each banner shape to give more texture.  Finally I took a paper hole punch and punch two holes on the top corners of each banner shape and threaded it with a long piece of sheer ribbon.
I hope you are inspired to create a banner.  Have a lovely day!

1 comment: