Sunday, August 20, 2017

Havin' A Ball

Hello friends! I thought I would share another summer layout that I have created for design team work at A Flair For Buttons.


I really had fun with this layout. I began with a cut file designed by Stacie Dietz for Paper Issues and used my sketch pens and my Silhouette Cameo to trace around the design and then I hand stitched with embroidery floss. After the stitching was completed, I watercolored with some distress inks that I stamped on a craft mat and spritzed with some water and applied with a water brush to the flowers and leaves in colors that coordinated with my patterned papers and stickers from the Summer Fun Collection by Simple Stories. As you can see I added several phrase stickers from the the collection's sticker sheet and fussy cut the title and beach ball to create my title. Since I don't do Project Life projects, I like to use the 3X4 cards for other uses such as fussy cutting them and using them for titles, diecuts or words


Embellishing is my favorite part of the process. I always grab for my flair buttons from A Flair For Buttons to see if any of the flair will work for my layouts. For this layout, I chose a flair button from the Fun Flair 1 set, one from the Say Hello To Summer set and one from the Inspirational Word 4 set and placed them in a visual triangle to draw the eyes around the entire layout. Here are a few more closeups:









This layout was a little time consuming, but I like to sit on my deck with a nice cold drink on a hot summer's day and stitch to my heart's content.

I hope you are inspired to handstitch, use watercolors and add flair buttons to a layout. Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

Flair Used On Layout

Fun Flair 1




Say Hello To Summer


Inspirational Words 4


No comments:

Post a Comment