Thursday, October 24, 2019

Sewing And Knitting Projects


Hello friends! It's been four months since I have blogged and lots has been happening since my last post. Life happens doesn't it?

For the past year or so, my creative journey has taken a turn from scrapbooking to sewing and knitting. I haven't done any paper crafting for about a year now. I just needed a change. Scrapbooking has been my life for about eighteen years and I'm sure I'll return to it some day, but for now I'm having so much fun learning some new skills in the knitting and sewing world.

Knitting has really made a comeback since my childhood days when my grandmother taught me how to knit when I was about nine years old. It's a great way to alleviate stress and I've always liked to keep my hands busy while I watch Netflix.

There are so many beautiful yarns to choose from nowadays and I wanted to explore knitting something other than those granny slippers with the pompom from years ago.

I thought I would start with some cotton yarn and knit up some dishcloths in several patterns.





After knitting a few dish cloths, I thought I would try a bigger project so I knit a  kitty scarf that looked like my cat Sheldon. I knit this in Red Heart Soft Essentials yarn in two shades of gray. It was such a soft yarn to knit with and it feels great against the skin.





This was a fun scarf to knit and I wanted to learn how to change yarn colors. My daughter wanted this one.

After the kitty scarf,  I knit some infinity scarves so I stocked up on lots of yarn from Michael's Loops And Thread Impeccable chunky yarn in some ombre shades. They feel soft and cozy and will be perfect for those cold winters.





Now my goal is to knit a sweater for my grandson who is one year old now but I think I'll practice some cable knitting before I attempt a sweater.

I've always been intimidated by cable knitting but it really wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. It just takes a little patience and practice because at first a person feels like they have to be an octopus to knit the cable knit stitches.

Soon I will share some knitting projects with cable knitting.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day! 





No comments:

Post a Comment