Sunday, April 25, 2010

Giddy


Today I am feeling a wee bit giddy. I have really enjoyed fueling my passion of scrapbooking lately and yesterday I posted a layout on my daughter Shannon. Leah Fung is a wonderful, kind, smart, talented lady who I have always admired in the magazine "Scrapbooks, Etc." She also does some great scrapbooking videos with Johanna Peterson and Donna Salazar. I must say she really is an icon in the scrapbooking world. She is also my Facebook friend and we play Facebook games together such as Cafe World, Country Life and Family Feud. We have never talked about scrapbooking until yesterday when she commented on my layout. I was so flattered. She thinks I should submit my work to Scrapbooks, Etc. as they are always looking for new people. It has always been a little intimidating to me, but one of these days I will get the confidence to submit. I have my gallery of layouts on Two Peas In A Bucket and she said that is how she got started and then she started submitting. Wow!

Laine is my 8 year old niece. She is spunky and energetic and reminds me so much of her daddy, who is my late brother who passed away 3 years ago. She looks like him and has a lot of his personality traits. It is so much fun doing girly pages for a change.










Here is another layout. I wanted to try mixing a dimensional adhesive such as Diamond Glaze with glitter to paint on chipboard. It was fun! I also wanted to add more bling by using Stickles, which I absolutely LOVE. The paper was by Karen Foster and it was the scraps from a scrapbook convention class I went to last year.





No comments:

Post a Comment