Friday, June 11, 2010

Dad IS His Hero

I love the age when little boys think their dad's are superheroes.  It is so funny to hear him talking about his dad to friends when he doesn't think I'm listening.  It is so cute to hear them try to outdo the other by saying things like "my dad is an electrician and he has a very important job".

Clayton has never said, until now, what he would like to be when he grows up.  He said out of the blue the other day that he wanted to be a electrician just like his dad.  He has been taking electricity in science and Rick has been coaching him along.   I find it is a difficult subject, and boring too, but he can appreciate the hard work and danger of the trade his dad does.

I just want Clayton to do good in school and be what he wants to be as long as he is doing his best and gets a deep satisfaction from his career.

My older son is a power engineer and my daughter works in a hospital and is training to be a nurse in her spare time, which she doesn't have a lot of.  I am proud of my kids, but they really didn't "get it" when they were in school until they lived a little and had to pay their bills.  Now they realize that the nagging their parents did was just to save them a few years.

Clayton has a lot of role models and it will be interesting to see what he ends up doing.  It will just have to unfold on its own.

Here is a layout I did last night with a new paper collection from Fancy Pants Designs named "Like
Father Like Son".  I thought it would be perfect for this kind of layout as well as some masculine cards.   Father's Day is a little more than a week away and I thought this would be a perfect time to honor fathers.

No comments:

Post a Comment