Saturday, March 12, 2011

A Great Website For Getting Fit

I enjoy learning about fitness and nutrition.  It is putting it in practice that is the difficult part.  This winter has been a big challenge for me.  It has been a harsh winter with lots of cold temperatures and snow and ice.  I started back at Weight Watcher's on December 14, 2010 and wanted to start a walking program this year but unfortunately sprained my ankle badly in January and haven't been able to go for walks.  Exercise has never been as hard for me as eating healthy and I really miss the fresh air and the way a person just feels better.  I am going to start back on the elliptical trainer and wait for the ice to melt so I don't end up falling again.

I was watching Global News Calgary today and they mentioned this website.  I wanted to check it out and share:  www.calgaryherald.com/healthclub

I am hoping this will inspire you as much as it is going to inspire me.  I have lost 10 lbs. in three months which isn't a lot, but I am reminded at my meetings that if I was to put a 10 lb. bag of potatoes in a shopping basket and walk around with it in the grocery store, I would be reminded on how much weight that is straining our joints and then I realize it is a start.  Baby steps. 

Spring will be here soon and looking forward to the next part of this lifetime journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment