Thursday, March 27, 2014

Flowerpot Mixed Media Layout

Hello friends!  Happy Thursday.  Today I am sharing my mixed media layout over at Susan K. Weckesser.  Since it is now Spring here in Canada, I can't help but think about gardening and all the flowers that are popping up such as tulips and daffodils.

My layout below has lots of different mediums on it.  My definition of mixed media is lots of layers using paints, inks, stencils, sprays, and lots of texture and dimension.


For this layout I worked with Susan K. Weckesser's Live In Color Collection.  First I fussy cut some flowers and the title "Live In Full Color" as well as drew freehand and cut a flower pot.

 I then ran the flowerpot through my embossing machine with a weaved basket embossing folder to give it more texture and dimension then inked it with some distress ink.

Next I took some modelling paste and a brick stencil and added it the paper as shown. I felt that it  needed some color so I used a paint dabber in a beige color and dabbed the bricks.  When the brick background was completely dry,  I added some paint splats in red and yellow with my acrylic paint dabbers.

I adhered the stencilled paper to the kraft background and then added my flowers and flowerpot, which I gave more depth by adding some pop dots.  I thought the flowers needed something so I added some Liquid Glass and some yellow Stickles to the center of the red flower and when they were dry, I outlined with a fine black pen.  Finally I used Susan's stencil and added some "grass" with a green paint dabber and and around the top right and bottom left with a white paint dabber.

Here are some more closeups







I am going to put this in a 12X12 scrapbook frame and add it to my studio.  I hope I have inspired you to create.  Have a wonderful day!

1 comment: