Monday, January 25, 2016

Best Day Ever And Let It Snow Layouts

Hello friends! It's Lee-Anne here and today I am sharing two layouts using three Just Nick cut files.  I also wanted to show you how to use the Little Black Dots Background Cut File as a "stencil" in two different techniques.
For the first layout, I cut out the Little Black Dots Background Cut File with my Silhouette Cameo on a 12 X 12 sheet of white card stock.  I used the negative space and dabbed the inside of the circles with an embossing dauber and then added some embossing powder in aqua, navy, and gold and heat set it with my heat gun until they were dry.  I added some of the positive circles from the cut file of the white card stock and adhered them to the background to give more texture and dimension.  I thought it made it look like snow.  I also cut out some snowflakes from the Snowflakes cut file in white vellum and aqua dot vellum, adhered them to the background and added some sequins or flair buttons to the center of the snowflakes.  I also cut out my title, the Best Day Ever cut file and added a flair button to the center of the letter D and a sequin to the center of the letter "A".  
I really had fun with this layout.  
For the second layout, I cut the Little Black Dots Background on another sheet of white card stock and used it as a stencil with some modelling paste.  Once the modelling paste was dry, I spritzed it with some Heidi Swapp Gold Colorshine Mist. I wanted to achieve the look of snow and give the layout some dimension.  Then I added my photos and patterned papers on top and cut out some vellum snowflakes on my Cameo with the Snowflake cut file on white vellum and aqua dotted vellum and added a sequin to the center of them.
 

Cut files make great stencils for mixed media projects.  I hope I inspired you to use your cut files in a different way.
Thanks for stopping by and be sure to check out these and many more cut files in the Just Nick Store.  
Cut Files Used:

No comments:

Post a Comment