Saturday, September 3, 2016

Sunshine And Happiness

Hello friends! Today at Just Nick Digital Cut Files, I am sharing this layout of my only daughter and I.  She sparkles and definitely is my sunshine.  I don't get to see her very often as she lives far away , so when she does come to visit, I like to have some fun and take "usies".


For this particular layout, I took the cutting blade out of my Silhouette Cameo and replaced it with a black Silhouette sketch pen and traced the Retro 50's Background design onto white card stock.


Usually I cut out the designs, but I wanted to hand stitch on my layout and boy oh boy did I hand stitch.  It was a labor of love for sure.  I used 5 different colors of DMC embroidery floss.  After the stitching was completed, I added some coordinating sequins here and there on the layout.






I really love all the texture that the hand stitching adds to the layout.

I hope you are inspired to try cut files in a different way such as using sketch pens.  Be sure and check out all the awesome designs at Just Nick Digital Cut Files.

Thanks for stopping by!




No comments:

Post a Comment