Friday, December 9, 2016

Merry And Bright Tree Layout

Hello friends! I love creating Christmas layouts and I thought it would be fun to create a layout of my Christmas tree using some fabulous flair buttons from A Flair For Buttons.


I had a lot of fun creating this layout and I added lots of different techniques as I went along.   I wanted to add lots and lots of whimsy to my layout so I added lots of flair buttons.

First I watercolored a 12X12 piece of white card stock with Evergreen Bough Distress Ink and a waterbrush.  When it was dry, I cut the tree shape and also the Merry And Bright title with my Silhouette Cameo and hand stitched with green embroidery floss to the outside edge of the tree.  I thought this would make the tree stand out more and also give it a handmade feel.  


With my sewing machine, I machine stitched in white thread around the outside edge of the layout and stitched the title in place. 

I added the green plaid paper behind the white card stock background and adhered with liquid glue around the outside edge. Now it is time to embellish.  I had some sheer ribbon in red, green and aqua in my stash so I made some bows and added them to the tree.  I then added the flair buttons on top of the ribbon bows and also on the layout.  With some sheer aqua ribbon, I added it behind the white cardstock background and secured it with tape to look like garland.



To finish the layout, I added my photo that I matted with plaid paper, added the sequins to the tree in brown for the trunk and aqua for the tree, some wood star and tree shapes and finally some journaling in black pen below the photo and added Liquid Glass to the title to give it more shine and dimension.


I love the depth that the tree has.


I hope you enjoyed your visit.  Be sure and check out the A Flair For Buttons shop for these and hundreds more flair buttons for all your projects.

Have a wonderful day!

Flair Buttons Used On Layout

It's Christmas Time Flair



It's Christmas Fun 2 Flair


Nordic 2 Flair







No comments:

Post a Comment