Sunday, February 12, 2012

Gotta Love My Art Journal

Last September,  I took an online workshop taught by the wonderful Christy Tomlinson called "She Has Three Hearts".  It inspired me to keep an art journal.  Actually, I have many art journals.  Some are personal that I keep to myself and some I share with my family and some I share with the world.  I love that I can paint, mist, stamp, stencil, write, draw and use Pan Pastels to express myself in a deeper way.  It helps me to concentrate on being positive and grateful everyday.  It helps me through many bumps in the road.  It is so good for the soul and it's a way of being creative at the same time.  It doesn't matter if the art doesn't feel perfect.  The reason is to jumpstart my creativity and be therapeutic at the same time.  Art journaling is very popular at the moment and I love it.

Here is an art journal page that I created of all the things that I love and make me happy and grateful:


Christy's workshop is fabulous and I urge everyone to take it.  You will laugh, you will cry and you will explore your creativity.  You will surprise yourself.

Pinterest has many ideas for your art journal and you can follow my Pinterest account as I have a board set up exclusively for art journaling.  This is where I got the idea for this page.

Have a fabulous day!

1 comment:

  1. I've just started an art journal so I'll be looking into that course - thanks for the tip Lee-Anne!
    I love this page...just the prompt I need to do more.
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete