Friday, February 10, 2012

Photography....My Other Passion

Scrapbooking isn't my only passion.  I also love photography.

Whether a person has a point and shoot camera or a DSLR,  photography is what your eyes see and not what the camera sees. Anyone can take great photographs.  It just takes a will to learn and get out there practice and have fun! I have a long ways to go in my photography journey, but I love to learn.

When my scrapbooking mojo is lacking, I like to head out with my camera and take photos.  Living close to the mountains, my husband and I go there often to get away from the hustle bustle of everyday life and go on a search for some landscape and wildlife photography opportunities.  Macro photography is another interest of mine and I enjoy the challenge of taking photos of beautiful flowers.  I also love photographing architecture and my one of my photography dreams is to go to Italy some day and enjoy capturing all the beauty of the old buildings and also to New York City.

While I was out and about yesterday, I took some photos of my beautiful hometown.  It has tripled in population since I was a child, but I still love the beautiful city that I grew up in.  Calgary is one of the fastest growing cities in Canada and because our economy revolves around the oil and gas industry, there are many people moving here.  The mountains are just an hour away so many people enjoy going there to ski some of the most beautiful and challenging ski resorts in the world.  The sky looks quite smoky 
because  there is a landfill fire west of the city, but I still enjoyed the view and got out and captured these:

Calgary Downtown Skyline


Alberta Children's Hospital

University of Calgary Campus

Southern Alberta Institute of Technology Polytechnique

Looking Southeast 

CTV Calgary Tower

Have a wonderful Friday and enjoy your weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment