Saturday, October 20, 2012

Photo Contest

I entered a photo contest recently, and no I am not a professional photographer by any stretch of the imagination,  but this photo was a spontaneous "light bulb" moment that I had when my husband and I were out for a drive one fall evening when the sun was going down.

I take my camera everywhere and for this photo I was so glad I did! Today there is a vote for the best photo in our local newspaper for sunrise and sunsets and out of the 128 submissions, the newspaper editors chose 7 finalists. Mine made it to the 7 finalists!

I personally don't think it is the best photo of the bunch as I know there are a lot more experienced people out there and they are also professional, but I was quite flattered to make it this far.  Yes, I have taken some photography courses, but do not know any photo editing programs and just use my iphoto program in my Mac to edit.  For that matter, I just finally learned how to create a watermark so that nobody steals my image.

Here is the photo I entered:

Sunset Through The Mirror

Here is the link if you would like to vote for me.  The voting ends tomorrow.

Thanks for stopping by!  I would really appreciate your vote!

2 comments:

  1. Great photo...and I've voted for you...:)
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Susie! I came in second so I was very happy with that.

      Delete