Sunday, April 7, 2013

April Sketchy Challenge At Canadian Scrapbooker Magazine


Hello everyone!  I hope you are enjoying a relaxing Sunday.

Today I am sharing a layout I created of my daughter and son in law, who will be celebrating their third anniversary in May.

This layout was created for the April Sketchy Challenge at Canadian Scrapbooker Magazine where the challenge is to use some Canadian product on a project.  Did I mention that I am so honoured to be published twice in the Spring 2013 issue and also the upcoming Summer 2013 issue? Smile.

Here is the cool sketch that Canadian Scrapbooker's Sue Sykes created:


and here is my take on the sketch

So Happy Together
I had so much fun using all different techniques for this layout and also love the new Fancy Pants Designs Park Bench Collection of stickers, buttons and patterned papers.  Here are some close ups of the layout:


 I just love this little camera pin from My Little Bit Of Whimsy, which is the Canadian product I chose for this layout.  I also diecut some vellum hearts from my Silhouette Cameo.


I placed some ink drips from my Heidi Swapp Color Shine Mists in Mint Green, Black Velvet, and Mustard.  I love those mists!  I also took some Baker's Twine and made a little curly accent and also used three different coloured strips of washi tape for the bottom of the layout and added some flair and buttons and some more vellum diecuts from my Cameo

Here I machine stitched the entire background to look like a quilt.

Here is an arrow I cut out of vellum.  Vellum and arrows are my favorite right now! 
Aren't they a handsome couple?
Thanks so much for stopping by.  I hope you have a wonderful Sunday full of things you enjoy!



4 comments:

  1. Cute! Love this line you used.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your take on the sketch Lee-Anne! Your details are fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So in love with this layout Lee-Anne! I saw it on your FB and immediately commented on it. So gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really cute page! Love the grid background you created with stitching!

    ReplyDelete