Sunday, December 20, 2015

Rustic Ribbon Tree And Tutorial




Hello friends! Today I am on the A Flair For Buttons blog sharing my Rustic Ribbon Tree.

Are you all prepared for the holidays?  I am off to a slow start this year but try to find some time to do some crafts.  I find it is a great way to take a break from all the hustle bustle of the season, put on some festive music with a hot mug of apple cider and create.  I am sharing a tutorial on how to make one for a gift or for your home.

YOU WILL NEED:

A pair of scissors to cut ribbon

1- 3 7/8 inch X 8 7/8 inch foam cone (mine was from Michael's, but I have seen them at Wal-mart)

4 spools of ribbon (I used 2 - 5/8 inch wide and  2 - 7/8 inch wide ribbon in 3 yard spools) in coordinating colors (I got my ribbon on sale for 70% off at Michael's).

A hot glue gun and glue sticks

One flair button for the top of the tree (I used the red trees from the Joy Flair Set at A Flair For Buttons)


Joy Flair

INSTRUCTIONS:
  • Cut four inch lengths of four coordinating ribbons.  You will need quite a few to complete the tree.
  •   
  • Fold the four inch pieces of ribbon in half to form a loop.
  • Beginning at the bottom of the foam cone,  hot glue the looped ribbon pieces going around the foam cone layer by layer.  As you can see, my tree has six layers of ribbon.  If you don't have a glue gun, straight pins would work well too.
  • After all the layers are completed and there are no bare spots, tie a bow and glue it to the top of the cone.
  • Hot glue the flair button to the middle of the bow.
  • The tree is now complete!




I am a slow crafter so this tree took me about an hour and a half to complete and only one burn on my hand. Ha!

I hope you enjoyed the tutorial and are inspired to make some ribbon trees for your home or for gifts.

Thanks for stopping by and happy crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment