Sunday, March 11, 2018

Boys Rule

Hello scrappy friends! I hope you are enjoying your weekend. Today I wanted to share a masculine layout for A Flair For Buttons.

Yes, it's been quite a while since I've made a boy page and it felt good. I decided to do some major stash busting so I dug deep into my paper stash and found this older paper collection by Bella Blvd. that is perfect for boys. It's the Max Collection, which I believe is a winter release from 2014.


I arranged lots and lots of patterned paper strips along the bottom half of my white cardstock background  and machine stitched them in place with my vintage sewing machine in white thread.

For the photo of my son, I backed it with some scraps of Bella Blvd. papers from some various older collections and then added some stickers and of course a black heart flair button from A Flair For Buttons Just Hearts 2 Flair Set. Everything is better with hearts. I love hearts and heart flair buttons are no exception.



Just Hearts 2 Flair

For the title "Boys Rule", I added some old green chipboard alpha stickers, that have also been in my stash for some time, that are also from Bella Blvd. To make the title even more fun, I added a yellow star flair button from the My Life 4 Flair Set to replace the "o" in the word "Boys".



My Life 4 Flair Set

Finally, I added some star enamel shaped stickers in black, yellow and orange to give it a little more interest and dimension to the white cardstock background. I also added my son's name and date, when the photo was taken, with an acid free black fine line marker.


Voila! The layout is all done.


I really had fun creating this boy layout and flair buttons are my absolute favorite embellishment to add some more pizzaz to any paper project.

Be sure and check out all the flair buttons in the A Flair For Buttons store today. There are virtually hundreds to choose from in so many colors and themes.

Thanks for visiting and happy creating!



No comments:

Post a Comment