Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Guest Designer At Scrapbook And Cards Today Magazine

Hello friends! Today I am very honored to be a guest designer on the Scrapbook And Cards Today Magazine Blog using the November Freebie Digital Cut File designed by the amazingly talented Nicole Nowosad.


I decided to create a Halloween layout of my friend's two little cuties.

To explain my design process, I cut the cut file on a 12 X 12 piece of black card stock with my Silhouette Cameo, turned it over onto the backside and backed the design with some patterned papers from the Crate Paper After Dark Collection.  Then, I adhered it to a white 12X12 card stock background that I first watercolored with some Tim Holtz Dried Marigold Distress Ink.  To embellish the layout, I glued some adorable bat sequins, orange sequins and star sequins that are also from the After Dark Collection, and placed them randomly around the page.  To complete the layout, I splattered with some Liquitex Black India Ink, let it dry and then added three  flair buttons from A Flair For Buttons.  To make the flair buttons pop and to give them more interest and texture, I wrapped the flair buttons with orange sewing thread.

Here are more layout closeups:






 

Here is the Scrapbook And Cards Today Magazine November 2015 Freebie Cut File

Scrapbook And Cards Today November 2015 Freebie Digital Cut File

Thanks for stopping by and hope you have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment