Thursday, April 28, 2016

Father Layout

Hello friends! Today I am sharing a layout of my husband and son on the A Flair For Buttons blog.
I love this photo of my husband and son when my son was a newborn.


For this layout I used 3 flair buttons from 3 different sets of flair.  


I created the cut file and cut it on my Silhouette Cameo and backed the negative space alphas with a navy piece of card stock and also added the red and white star paper behind some of the words that said "father".  To give it more dimension and shadow, I added small adhesive squares to the backside of the cut out negative alphas.


I used the Faded Denim and Aged Mahogany Distress Inks by Ranger and my water brush to create a watercolor effect on the white card stock.







to make the flair buttons stand out more, I added some navy sewing thread around the flair.  I like the texture it gives the layout.


For the title "father" I used a Ranger Distress Pen in Pumice Stone to outline the letters and make them stand out more.  


This layout was inspired by Ashley Horton's Texture Techniques class.

These are the sets of flair that I used on my layout:







Be sure and check out all the flair in the A Flair For Buttons shop.  There are so many to choose from.

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you enjoyed your visit.  Happy creating!






No comments:

Post a Comment