Friday, November 26, 2010

An Inspirational Week

This week has been so inspirational to me.  Life is too short not to take every opportunity to get out there and enjoy all the beauty in it.  Although it has been very cold and snowy here for the last ten days or so, it was gorgeous outside and I love taking photos in the winter just as much as the summer.  Christmas is a wonderful opportunity to capture all the love and happiness in our homes...and also all the stress leading up to the big day.  Then there is getting outdoors to enjoy some winter activities such as sledding and possibly snowshoeing.  It would be great to go in the mountains closeby and take in the wonderful fresh air and get some exercise at the same time.  I can totally see my youngest son Clay and my husband joining me in that activity.

Christmas is only a month away and it was nice to get out and go to the mall and see all the decorations.  It will be fun to put up the tree.  Oh the photo opportunities!  I bought a star filter for my DSLR and I am so stoked to try it out on the tree and the lights at Christmas.    Here is one from last night of my home.  I see we have a few bulbs burned out already, but I love low-light photography.  A person just has to keep warm and make sure the batteries are charged up good.




Scrapbooker's Paradise is a scrapbook store in Calgary that I usually shop at.  The ladies are so great there and they are always a breath of fresh air.  I always leave there smiling as they are so much fun and have a great sense of humor.  They are all very knowledgeable and share that same passion I have for the wonderful hobby.

My mom and I went to Jack Astor's for lunch.



  It  was great to connect and have some laughs.  Doesn't she look wonderful in red?  My mom is so pretty!





Well off to make some Beef Barley Soup and get the house in shape.  My husband will be coming home today and I sure hope he has a safe trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment