Sunday, February 20, 2022

Two And A Half Years...

Hello Everyone! I hope you are all doing well and staying healthy and creative. 

It's been about two and a half years since I posted on my blog and what a journey it has been! 

My last post on my blog was in September, 2019 from my last vacation that my husband and I went on for our 20th wedding anniversary. We drove to beautiful Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada for a week. Little did we know that six months later there would be a global pandemic. 

Even though it has been a very difficult time for many of us for the past two years, it has also had some positive aspects. For me personally, as a scrapbooker, knitter, and generally overall a crafty person, it was so wonderful to have more time to create and learn new skills and techniques and not feel guilty about it. Ha Ha!  

It also was time to reflect and to evaluate what was important in life and what my priorities were. In the past two years since the pandemic began,  I was in the hospital twice and then my husband had major surgery and also had Covid-19. 

We decided that we needed to make some changes in our lives so we moved four hours away so we could be closer to my husband's job and also my three children and their spouses and families.

We now live in the same neighborhood as my son and daugher in law and two young grandsons.  My youngest grandson was born during the pandemic in May 2021.  

It is wonderful to be closer to my grandchildren and see them grow up, but at the same time it is difficult to move away from my elderly parents and those gorgeous mountains that my husband and I would see from our town and go for drives whenever we could. The mountains are my jam. 

 I really would like to start sharing some of my projects that I have been busy with the past two and half years and connect with my followers again. Thanks for stopping by and hope you will visit again soon.

1 comment: