Saturday, February 25, 2012

Donna Downey Rocks!

Last weekend I went to Cropaganza in Red Deer, Alberta, Canada.  It was great to have a weekend away having fun with some ladies that share the same passion.

I took a class with Donna Downey.  This is the second time I have taken a  Donna Downey class.  The last time was in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada when I went to the Urban Scrapbook Scrapbook Convention back in 2004.  At that convention, she taught a chipboard mini album class and I enjoyed that one too.  She gave us a ton of product and autographed my canvas bag that I still have!   I love her simple style of scrapbooking and I love taking a class when I don't feel overwhelmed and stressed and her class was all that.  Here is the inspiration journal that I created in her class:


Front Page
Side View


One of several inside pages

Canvas ruffle on back page

Layers and texture


Vintage book page ruffles

Title 

Prima flowers and branches

I love working with canvas and I love all the layers and texture and the old book pages.  A product that I have never worked with until now is Liquid Glue Dots. Let me tell you that I am in love with this Australian product!  I applied it to the canvas letter "R".  I can see using this product a lot instead of pop dots for dimension.  Shimmerz was another product that I have never used before.  I love this mica goodness and loved the sheen it gave to my canvas butterfly!  Now to complete the album, I just have to add some  photos, more embellishments and some rubons.  What a fun class!

If you get a chance, be sure and take a Donna Downey class.  She is not only talented, but a lot of fun too!

No comments:

Post a Comment