Saturday, September 20, 2014

A Layout For The September Sketchy Challenge At Canadian Scrapbooker Magazine

Happy Saturday!  I hope you are having a great weekend so far.  I thought I would share a layout that I created today with the September 2014 Sketch over at Canadian Scrapbooker Magazine.

It's no secret that I am very passionate about animals and I love photographing wildlife and animals almost as much as landscapes.  At my local zoo, there is an annual photography walkabout for adult amateur photographers and I attended one and plan to attend more.  The zoo is open for two hours before the public are admitted and it's a perfect time to get some photos of the animals feeding.  My favorite animal to photograph was the wild cats, especially the tiger cubs.



  



Here is the sketch designed by Canadian Scrapbooker Magazine's Sue Sykes.

For the sketch, I reversed it and printed my small photos as a collage in Turbo Collage and then die cut the square background on my Silhouette Cameo and then adhered the photos to the back of the square background.  I added a die cut for my title and die cut a zoo border.  The paper collection I created with is Indian Summer by We R Memory Keepers.  I love that it can be used for different themes other than Fall.  The leather look patterned paper looks rustic and I thought it was appropriate for a "wildlife feel". 

I hope you enjoyed your visit.  Have a wonderful day!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful. I was so happy to see a page showcasing more than one photo without being 'project life-like'. My what you can do with your cameo too. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete