Sunday, May 17, 2015

Canada Day 2013 Layout

Hello friends! Happy Sunday! Today I am up on the A Flair For Buttons Blog and I am excited to share a layout I created of a special day in Canada.  Annually on July 1, Canada celebrates Canada Day to honor my country's birthday.  There are parades, festivals and fireworks across the country to mark this special occasion.


I wanted to add lots and lots of needlework to my layout so I traced the outline of my card stock background with a piece of card stock in the same shape.  For the title "Canada" and the maple leaf flourish, I began with two Silhouette designs found in the Silhouette Online Store and used a red sketch pen in my Silhouette Cameo to sketch the design.  This provided a template for my stitching.  I then took my paper piercer and pierced holes evenly along the sketch lines and then used 3 strands of red embroidery floss and stitched the designs.  This definitely requires some patience and although it is time consuming, it is worth it in the end.  It definitely brings back memories of my cross-stitch days when I stitched many projects before I discovered scrapbooking.




Here are more closeup photos of my layout:







I also cut some maple leaf die cut shapes on vellum and red cardstock with my Silhoutte Cameo to give some interest and dimension.  I also added some red sequins to embellish the layout as well as some flair buttons from A Flair For Buttons. 

Here are the flair that I used to create this layout:


Il_570xN.755905741_30g7

Il_570xN-1.716776247_pj7q
Thanks for stopping  by and be sure to check out these flair buttons  as well as hundreds more in the A Flair For Buttons Store.  Have a great day!


No comments:

Post a Comment