Saturday, May 26, 2018

Smile It's Spring

Hello friends! It's the weekend and today I wanted to share a layout that I created for A Flair For Buttons.


In April, I went to a scrapbooking retreat and decided to hand stitch a layout of daffodils because I wanted to hang it in my home to celebrate spring which happens to be my favorite season. With the long, harsh winters where I live, it is always great when the birds are chirping, the trees are blooming, the grass is green and the flowers are sprouting up in the gardens.

Daffodils are such a happy flower and when I saw a Daffodils Flowers Cut File designed by Paige Evans, I knew that I wanted to use my sketch pens in my Silhouette Cameo and sketch the daffodils design so I could hand stitch it. Yes, it was a labor of love, but I really enjoy the process and personally, I find it very relaxing and therapeutic.





After the design was stitched, I wanted to add some more color so I decided to take my Distress Oxides and a water brush and water color inside of the stitched design.

Adding a photo to this layout just didn't seem right because I wanted the hand stitched and watercolored daffodils to be the star of the show.

The embellishments to complete the layout were kept to a minimum so I added the yellow watercolor circle flair button to dot the "i" in the word "smile". It was from the Watercolor Circles Flair Set from A Flair For Buttons. I also added some coordinating sequins and enamel hearts. The title completed the layout and I went with yellow, green and black alphabet letters to give it more interest.



For photography purposes, I took photos of the layout before I framed it in a 12X12 scrapbook frame so there wouldn't be any glare from the glass frame.

I hope you are inspired to try something a little different by adding flair buttons to dot the "i" in a word and also some hand stitching and water coloring. Just have fun with it!

Thanks for stopping by and be sure to check out all the wonderful flair in the A Flair For Buttons shop.

Flair Used On Layout

Watercolor Circles Flair Set


















No comments:

Post a Comment