Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Ribbon Tree

Here is a great way to use ribbon from your stash.  A ribbon tree!  I made this one last night using a 12 inch styrofoam cone tree, four different types of ribbon, a poinsettia flower pick, a ruler, scissors and a hot glue gun.



Measure and cut 4 inch pieces of ribbon.  I used 5/8 inches wide ribbon in silver and blue and 1/2 inch wide ribbon in pink.

Starting at the bottom of your styrofoam cone, fold ribbon in half and either use a pin or a dab of hot glue on each piece.  Go around the tree and hot glue pieces onto styrofoam.  Keep adding ribbon until you reach the top of the tree.

Take your poinsettia pick and stick it into the top of the styrofoam tree.

It is a little time consuming, but worth it in the end.

I like using non-traditional colors for Christmas decorating.  I think I will give my Mom this one for her front entrance as she has the perfect table to display it on.

Have an awesome day!

2 comments: