Saturday, December 3, 2011

Wreaths

I love wreaths and I love Pinterest.  Here are two wreaths that I created that I pinned on Pinterest.  The first one was created with the new Echo Park Winter Park Collection.  I love the blues and burgundy together.  I used my Slice to cut out the stars.  They measure 4 inches.  I used my Scor-Pal Scoring Board to score the stars to give them more dimension.  I used my hot glue gun and adhered all the stars onto a flat wood wreath that I bought in the floral department at Michaels.  I put a button on each star and tied some ribbon behind the wreath to hang.


You can find the tutorial at:   http://littlebirdiesecrets.blogspot.com/2010/12/last-mintue-christmas-decorations-3d.html

The other wreath I made today is made out of gold tissue paper that I bought at the dollar store.  I bought the 12" styrofoam wreath form at Michaels and used my hot glue gun to glue the tissue paper onto the wreath.   This was a labour of love but I think the final product was worth it.


You can find the tutorial for this at:  http://www.ablissfulnest.com/2010/03/tissue-paper-wreath-how-to.html

I hope this inspires you to make a wreath.  They are nice anytime of the year!

No comments:

Post a Comment