Thursday, June 13, 2013

My Art Journal Page For June

Happy Thursday everyone!  I hope you are having a pleasant day and get to do something creative today.

Once a month, I take an art journal class by the sweet, talented Lynn Thune.  I love her shabby chic style and it is a nice time to get out for a few hours with some great ladies and create.  This is what I created for June.




This art journal is created in the actual book "Happier At Home" by Gretchen Rubin.  It is created on a bag and then folded and glued on some pages of the book.  I first used a brick stencil with some modeling paste and let it dry.  Then I inked the entire page with Tim Holtz Scattered Straw Distress Ink, then Crushed Olive Distress Ink and then Worn Lipstick Distress Ink.  I also inked a small file folder and adhered it to the bag.  I then started stamping, applying different washi tapes, lace, book page flowers, the butterfly, photo corner, string and ribbon.  Finally I added the three identical 2x3 inch photos, the cabochon and cut out some words from the book.  I love the colors and am happy how it turned out.  Now I have to write what makes me happier at home and tuck it into the bag.




I hope you are inspired to create an art journal page.  Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

2 comments: