Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Selfie Layout

Hello friends! Today I am up on the Just Nick Digital Cut Files Blog with a "selfie" layout.  I must admit I don't scrapbook layouts of myself very often because frankly they make me feel a bit awkward but after reading an article where the mother/scrapbooker/picture taker is usually excluded in scrapbooks,  I am making an effort to scrapbook myself so I have something to pass down to my children.


For my layout,  I cut the Just Nick Criss Cross Background 1 cut file on a  12X12 piece of white cardstock and then inked it up with Tim Holtz Distress Inks in Cracked Pistachio, Abandoned Coral, and Squeezed Lemonade.


I also cut my title from the Capture This Cut File word "selphie) on my Cameo on some Echo Park Simple Life Collection papers.  The photos are also matted with this collection.


I added a ribbon bow, some crochet flowers, enamel dots, sequins, paint splatters, hand stitching and machine stitching.





I hope you are inspired to ink up your cut files to create a unique background and try some hand stitching.  Thank you for stopping by and be sure to check out these cut files and many more in the Just Nick Store.


Supply List

Cardstock - American Crafts
Crochet Flowers - Bella Blvd.
Digital Cut Files - Just Nick Digital Cut Files - Criss Cross Background 1 and Capture This
Distress Inks - Tim Holtz (Abandoned Coral, Cracked Pistachio, Squeezed Lemonade)
Electronic Diecut Machine - Silhouette Cameo
Embroidery Floss - DMC 223, 993, 3822
Enamel Dots - Theresa Collins
Flair Button - A Flair For Buttons
Machine Stitching
Mist - Heidi Swapp Colorshine  - Black Velvet
Patterned Paper - Echo Park Simple Life Collection
Ribbon - American Crafts
Sequins - Fancy Pants Designs






No comments:

Post a Comment