Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Bloom

Hello friends! Today I wanted to share a layout that I created for A Flair For Buttons using some flair from the new Watercolor Splatters Flair Set. 


As soon as I saw these flair, I knew that I wanted to add them to my layout. I chose the green, pink and blue flair buttons from the set to add to my layout. The colors coordinate perfectly with the colors of my layout. I strategically placed them in a triangle to draw the eyes around the page.



I put my We R Memory Keepers Stitch Happy Sewing Machine to work and machine stitched in pink, aqua, and citrine thread on the white card stock background. When I planned out the page, I wanted to stitch a design that would draw the eye to the flower. 


The photo was matted on some papers from the new Photoplay Paper Mad For Plaid Happy Collection. I really love the plaid and the colors in this collection. Also, I added some stickers popped up with foam dots, and die cut some butterflies on vellum and wrapped some citrine thread around the centers of the butterflies.



The cut file and title were free digital cut files from Scrapbook Nerd. I cut the title on black card stock and the floral cut file on white card stock with my electronic die cutting machine. I wanted the title to really pop so I added some faux stitching with a white gel pen.

 For the floral cut file, I used some Vicki Boutin Art Crayons and water to paint the flowers and added some enamel dots to the middle of the flowers.
 






I am really pleased how my layout turned out.

Thanks for stopping by and be sure to check out the A Flair For Buttons shop to view hundreds of flair sets for every theme.

Thanks for stopping by.

Flair On Layout

Watercolor Splatter Flair










No comments:

Post a Comment