Monday, October 15, 2012

Scrapbook Challenges Sketch #317

Where do the weeks go?  It just seems like I posted the Scrapbook Challenges Sketch#316 and here we are on another Monday! Yes it's Monday and I thought maybe a nice bright cheery sunflower on a layout might brighten your day.  Today's sketch was fun to create with.  I loved the simplicity of the sketch.

Sunflower Love - Scrapbook Challenges Sketch #317


I tend to scrapbook with the seasons and this layout definitely has an autumn colour palette.  I used white cardstock and scored the paper at every one inch mark and then used some Tsukineko Walnut Ink Spray to give it the rustic look.  I then inked and distressed all the edges with Vintage Photo Distress Ink by Tim Holtz.  Next, I took out my favorite new scrappy toy, the Silhouette Cameo Electronic Diecutting System  and cut the tiny flowers below and the wheat flourish behind the photo and then used my Tsukineko Walnut Ink Spray and spritzed then to look more rustic.  The green polka dot paper at the bottom of the layout is made to look like grass with my Martha Stewart Fringe Scissors.  Next, I machine stitched around the entire outside edge of the paper, placed my title after painting the Maya Road Chipboard Letters of the word "flower" with green acrylic paint.  Lastly, I embellished with some sunflower stickers from Jolee's Boutique and small Prima Resin Flowers.  The patterned papers are from the Farmhouse Paper Company Sugar Hill  - Fall Collection.  I hope you enjoy the sketches.  Every week there is a single page sketch and a double page sketch.  The choice is yours!

SC Sketch 317 Single
and


SC Sketch #317 Double

I hope you are inspired to get your scrap on with these.  You simply have to check out all the other layouts that the team created. Come share your layouts with us at Scrapbook Challenges in our gallery, and join our forum.  We are a friendly bunch!  

Have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. Lovely work. Love the scoring and spraying on the cardstock for a rustic look. And the sprinkling of the sunflower embellishments to match your photo! :)

    ReplyDelete