Sunday, October 6, 2013

Sunflower Love

Happy Sunday!  Today I wanted to share with you an autumn layout of one of my favorite flowers...the sunflower.  I love their cheery yellow petals.

Sunflower Love
Adhesive - 3L Adhesive, Beacon, Scotch, 
Cardstock - DCWV
Chipboard Letter - American Crafts
Diecut - Silhouette America
Distresser - Zutter
Flower Diecut - Silhouette America

Letter Stickers - Glitz Design
Patterned Papers - Glitz Design
Punch - Kreaxions 4 In 1 Punch #311
Ribbon - May Arts
Sequins - Lawn Fawn, Michaels
Stain - Tim Holtz Distress Stain (Tea Dye)
Stickers - Glitz Design, Studio Calcio,
Wood Embellishments - Prima, Studio Calico
Sewing Machine Stitching
Silhouette Cameo
I love the new "Sunshine In My Soul" Collection that Glitz Design has recently come out with.  The colors are so autumn and so rustic.  They were the perfect choice for this layout.  I used the "Suns" paper from the collection to cut the yellow sunflower's petals.  If you will see next to the right side of the photo, I have used the Kreaxions 4 in 1 Punch #311 with insert A to punch a border design.  Kreaxions punches are so versatile and fun to work with.




The wood embellishments right now are so fun and I wanted to keep with the warm, rustic feelling of the layout so I added some words for the title as well as the dragonflies that I stained with Tim Holtz's Tea Dye Distress Stain.




Sequins are also very trendy too and I added them to the center of the flowers and also some fall leaves and applied them randomly to the page to give some bling and shine.  I also used some Heidi Swapp Color Shine in Mustard to give the center of the yellow petals of the flowers a little more pop.

To finish off the page, I took out my vintage sewing machine and my Distrezz-It-All to give more texture and dimension.  The sketch I was inspired by was created by Laura Whitaker.


Thanks so much for sharing your day with me.  I hope you are inspired to go and do a little creating.  Have a great day!

5 comments:

  1. Lots of beautiful elements to your page Lee-Ann, I especially love the heart with the sequins inside - so sweet. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous!!! LOVING the colors and those flowers!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great take on the sketch Lee-Anne! Your photo is stunning and the distressing really adds dimension to this fabulous design!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a gorgeous layout! I love the fall colours and all the beautiful elements on your page. Thanks for stopping by my blog and for your kind comments :)
    Joanne xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful layout! love all the distressing . your flowers are gorgeous and so are the dragonflies.

    ReplyDelete