Sunday, October 13, 2013

Uncle Rob And Quinn


Happy Sunday!  Today I wanted to share a layout I created of my son in law and his little nephew.  My son in law, Rob, is such a great guy and wonderful with children.  

Uncle Rob And Quinn
Acrylic Stamps - Technique Tuesday
Adhesives - 3L, Scotch
Cardstock - American Crafts, Michaels (Kraft)
Diecuts - Silhouette America
Flair - The Paper Bakery
Gesso - Liquitex
Ink - Faber Castell, Tim Holtz
Letter Stickers - American Crafts, Echo Park
Modeling Paste - Liquitex
Patterned Papers - Echo Park, Fancy Pants, SEI
Punch - Kreaxions 4 In 1 Punch #312
Stencils - The Crafter's Workshop
Stickers - Bella Blvd. Echo Park
Wood Embellishments - Studio Calico

For this layout, I wanted the page to be spontaneous and fun so I reached for the new Kreaxions 4 In 1 Punch #312 with insert A and punched the middle bottom and top of the navy polka dot paper as well as the outside corners of the orange patterned papers.

Kreaxions 4 In 1 Punch #312

I also used some stencils and got messy with some modeling paste and also splattered some gesso.  I love the new roller stamps so I inked it up with some Stormy Sky Distress Ink by Tim Holtz and rolled it around the photo to give the layout some movement and make the photo the focal point.  As you can see, I really didn't go for perfection in this layout.  There are lots of fun mistakes with the stencils and the roller stamp was not stamped perfectly straight but I am fine with that.  I just wanted to create some good, messy fun to this layout.  Oh and what layout isn't complete without some fun wood star embellishments and a flair button? Here are some more closeups of the layout. I was inspired by a sketch from Liz Chidester.








I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog.  Thank you for stopping by.  Have a great day!

  













No comments:

Post a Comment