Thursday, July 31, 2014

Black With 2 August Moodboard And Layout

Hello friends!  Today at Black With 2 it is the August reveal and for my layout I created a layout of my teenage son who does not like to get his photo taken.  He usually covers up his face when he sees me and my iPhone focusing or he puts his head down so I was elated to snap this photo on summer vacation. A person has to be quick. LOL.


For my layout I began with a sheet of black card stock and added some grey paint splats and some blue paint spatters.  I used some cutting files from The Cut Shoppe (the title, photo frame and the blue background) as well as my Cuttlebug and some embossing folders to give some texture to the grey piece of card stock .  I also used some strips of washi tape for added interest and made a banner with some bakers twine and pieces of blue paper that I also embossed in my Cuttlebug.  There is a wood heart embellishment that I painted grey and added some journaling strips.  Here are some more detailed closeups.






Here is the August Moodboard.  The challenge is to use the sketch, the word "feeling" and also the colors blue and grey on the black card stock background.


It would be great if you would join in and play along and be eligible for a prize.  All the details and the entire design team reveal is on the Black With 2 blog.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

Supplies For This Layout

Acrylic Paint - Tim Holtz Distress Paint, Ranger
Cardstock - American Crafts
Digital Cutting Files - The Cut Shoppe
Electronic Cutting Machine - Silhouette Cameo
Embossing Machine - Cuttlebug by Provo Craft
Embossing Plate - Cuttlebug by Provo Craft
Enamel Dots - Basic Grey
Mini Letter Stickers - Tim Holtz
Mini Staples - Tim Holtz
Pen - Marvy Uchida
Twine - Unknown
Washi Tape - Bella Blvd. & Queen & Co.
Wood Embellishment - Prima Marketing

No comments:

Post a Comment