Saturday, August 15, 2015

Back To School Layout

Hello friends! Happy Saturday! This weekend I am enjoying being together with my older kids whom I don't get to see very often as they live in a different city than I do.  I haven't seen my oldest son for eight months and my daughter for two months so it's great to be together.  Since I have been thinking of them a lot lately and the new school year will be beginning soon, I thought I would dig up an old photo and scrapbook it.  This photo is from 1993 but I wanted to give it a fresh, trendy design.  Triangles are very trendy and I love the pinwheel effect it gives this layout.


I was inspired by Cari Locken on the Silhouette blog recently.  I went ahead and used a black Silhouette Sketch Pen in my Silhouette and sketched out the design on a 12X12 piece of white card stock.  I then offset the design by 0.78 and then put the Silhouette blade in my Cameo and went ahead and cut the design with a 6X6 paper pad of the new Doodlebug Design Back To School Collection and adhered the paper triangles randomly to the sketched triangles. I also  left some blank so it wouldn't be too busy.



I also cut out the title with my Silhouette Cameo with a free cut file at Kerri Bradford Studios and popped it up with dimensional adhesive squares.  



I had some sequins in my stash and some cute wood embellishments and a backpack embellishment so I added them to the layout as well.


This was so much fun to do.  

Thanks for stopping by!  I hope you have a great weekend.







No comments:

Post a Comment