Monday, August 24, 2015

In The Garden Layout

Hello friends! Happy Monday! There is only one more week until my son goes back to school and I can't believe how summer has gone by so fast.

Today I wanted to share a layout that I created of my daughter.  She loves gardening and she is amazing at it.  She grows all her annuals from seed and has an amazing garden.


This layout was so fun to make.  I am taking a class taught by Paige Evans and this layout is for an assignment to use a cut file background and watercolors.   Paige Evans designed the cut file that I cut out on my Silhouette Cameo.  


I used several papers from the Simple Stories Summer Vibes Collection and some watercolors around the die cuts to make the flowers pop.


My layout wouldn't have been complete without these cute In The Garden Flair buttons from A Flair For Buttons.


Don't you just love these?  I especially love the "got dirt" flair button.  Here are some more detailed photos of my layout.  I used some Tim Holtz Distress Inks and a water brush for some of the watercolors and also a water-colour set I bought at Michael's.



I love the summery, fresh feel to this page.  Sometimes it is good to take a class and get new ideas.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

1 comment: