Saturday, December 19, 2015

A Mini Envelope Tutorial For My Creative Scrapbook

Hello friends! Today I wanted to share a quick tutorial on how to create mini envelopes.

I recently was a guest designer over at My Creative Scrapbook and was asked to create some layouts using the beautiful December Main Kit.

When I saw the vellum papers in the kit, I thought they would be great for making some miniature envelopes to add some embellishments or use as an advent calendar.


To create these envelopes you will need:

A mini envelope paper punch or a template (I used a paper punch for mine)
Scissors
Liquid glue
A bone folder
A strong adhesive.  (I used my ATG gun to adhere the back of the mini envelopes to the background paper)


 To being my project,  I punched 25 mini envelopes, some with the striped vellum and some with the dotted vellum.


I took my bone folder and scored across the the fold where the top flap would fold, one on the left hand flap, one on the right hand flap and the bottom flap.  I folded all the flaps on the fold lines toward the middle as shown below.


I added a dab of liquid glue and and secured the flaps as shown below.


I chose to keep the upper flap open so something can be tucked inside. The envelope is now complete.

On my layout,  I spaced the envelopes evenly on the background paper alternating striped envelopes and dotted envelopes adhering them to the background paper with my ATG tape runner.  As you will notice, I also added one mini envelope to the top right hand corner of the photo.



If you don't have a mini envelope paper punch, Here is a photo of the shape of the envelope when it is folded.  It measures 1.5 inches high by 1.5 inches wide.  Simply hand draw this shape and cut it out with some scissors.


I hope you enjoyed my tutorial and have fun making some mini envelopes.  Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment