Friday, January 12, 2018

Baby It's Cold Outside

Hello friends! Today I wanted to share a winter layout of my pup enjoying his first winter in the snow.


For my layout I used papers from the Snow & Cocoa Collection by Crate Paper for the patterned papers, stickers, chipboard and ephemera. I must admit that this is one of my favorite winter collections ever. Don't you just love the mint green and soft pinks?


I began my layout by smooshing some pink watercolor paint mixed with a tiny bit of white watercolor paint and brushing it onto a piece of cellophane packaging and smooshing it onto the white cardstock background. Once it was dry, I chose two cut files, the Snowflake Background and the Handcut Letters cut file that I offset on my Silhouette Cameo, welded them to make one large title and backed it with some patterned papers. To make it more dimensional, I popped it up on some foam adhesive squares over the Snowflake Background. 


I added a polar bear flair button, which is one of the flair buttons from the Animal 3 Flair set from A Flair For Buttons to the left hand side of the word "it's" in my title to direct the eye to the title. 



I matted the two photos of my pup on green checked patterned paper and embellished the layout in some chipboard stickers, ephemera and gold sequins.



Lastly, I added strips of patterned papers around the edge of the layout and machine stitched them so they weren't going anywhere and some gold mist splatters.




I will be taking a little break and going on a week's vacation and getting away from the -30 temperatures. My youngest son and I will be flying to southern California to enjoy some warmer weather and explore Disneyland, Universal Studios and San Diego. We can't wait!

Have a nice weekend!



No comments:

Post a Comment