Sunday, March 18, 2018

Kitty

Hello friends! Happy Sunday.

I'm sharing another layout for A Flair For Buttons of my cute kitty Asia. She has crossed the rainbow bridge a few years back, but I wanted to honor her with a scrapbook layout. Asia will always hold a special place in my heart. She didn't have it good for a while because when we adopted her from a local shelter, she was in a cage for 4 months. It was a no kill shelter, but I think it affected her. She had her quirks, but we loved her.


For my layout, I used a black chevron arrow flair button from the Inspirational Words 4 Flair Set. I placed it to the left of a journaling card and the photo to direct the eye to the photo.



As you have probably noticed, I have a LOT of stitching on this layout. I used my trusty old sewing machine for making a grid pattern on my white card stock background after I used some Distress Oxide Inks in Cracked Pistachio and Tumbled Glass.

I also machine stitched with my pink We R Memory Keepers Stitch Happy Sewing Machine, that I bought a year ago, with some aqua thread and also citrine thread. It is really not straight stitching because the stitching guide on that machine kept sliding out of place. Oh well. I accepted that it wasn't perfect and straight and decided to go with it. The benefit of the Stitch Happy machine is that it can stitch with twine and that makes me happy. It's always fun to try something different.


All the patterned papers on this layout are from the adorable Doodlebug Design Kitten Smitten Collection that I have been hoarding for some time now. I also added some ephemera from the same collection. The wire cat embellishment is from Maya Road and I wanted to be sure to find a place to add it to the layout.


I added some twine around the flair button for some extra texture and popped up some of the embellishments with foam squares for more dimension.





Thanks for stopping by and be sure to check out all the flair in the A Flair For Buttons shop.

Happy creating!

Flair On This Layout

Inspirational Words 4 Flair Set




No comments:

Post a Comment