Tuesday, March 20, 2018

My Creative Scrapbook March Tutorial

Hello scrappy friends! It's Lee-Anne here on the blog and today I wanted to share a simple and fun technique on how to create paint splats on scrapbook layouts.

I don't know about you, but sometimes I think it's fun to play with paints and other mediums to create something a little more artsy.

Remember that in scrapbooking, there are no mistakes and my motto is to just have fun and enjoy the process.


For my layout, I backed the Floral Globe cut file, which is cut with my electronic die cutting machine on one of the sheets of patterned paper from the March Creative Kit, with a piece of white cardstock of which I added my teal and coral paint splats. 

I also wanted to mention that there are always several exclusive complimentary cut files included in the kits each month that can be cut with a Silhouette Cameo, Cricut, or Brother Scan N Cut electronic die cutting machines. 




I will show you how I created the paint splats. Let's begin.

Supplies For Paint Splats

Craft Mat
Heat Gun
1 - 12X12 or 8 1/2 X 11 Sheet of White Cardstock
Acrylic Paint Daubers - I used two colors - teal and coral
Water Mister
Water
Paint Brush or Water Brush - to mix the paints

Instructions
  1. Shake paint bottle well and with the the paint dauber, apply some paint to the craft mat.
  2. Fill a mister with water and spritz a small amount of water and combine the paint and water      adding enough water so that the paint is a fairly thin consistency.
  3. Place the paint dauber into the paint picking of some of the paint and "stamp" the white cardstock. If the paint is a thin consistency, it should create a paint splat with tiny little trails.  Let dry.  
  4. Repeat with the other paint dauber making sure that there are several paint splats in both teal and coral. Let dry.
  5. Now you can back the paint spatted white cardstock behind the floral globe design. Trim and machine stitch if desired.
  6. Voila! You have created paint splats!
Check out some of the photos below of my paint splats:






I hope you enjoyed my quick tutorial on how to create fun paint splats. It takes a little practice so be sure to practice on some scrap pieces of cardstock first before creating your project. Have fun!

Be sure to check out all the wonderful kits at My Creative Scrapbook

Thanks for stopping by and happy creating!





















No comments:

Post a Comment