Friday, April 22, 2011

Easter Weekend

Jesus carrying the cross
Today I just wanted to take the time to pause and reflect on Easter and Good Friday.  I am so thankful for what Jesus has done.  He died to give us life and I love him for it. 

Here is a quote I found and I thought I'd share:

The resurrection gives my life meaning and direction and the opportunity to start over no matter what my circumstances.  ~Robert Flatt

It is going to be so nice to have this weekend to spend with my family.  My husband is home from a three week stint of work and my daughter and her husband are coming to stay for the weekend.  That is very special because I don't get to see my older kids very often as they live in another city and life gets busy with school, work etc.  It is impossible to get all my kids together for special occasions as there are so many shift workers in my family.  We have learned to adapt. 



I hope you and your loved ones have a very blessed Easter and have someone special to spend this special time with.  


Titanic - The Artifact Exhibition

On Saturday, April 23, we went to see Titanic - The Artifact Exhibition at the Telus World Of Science in Calgary.  

We bought our tickets online:


Online Ticket


Shannon, my daughter, always loved "The Titanic" movie and all the trivia when she was eleven years old and was so excited to go see this exhibit.

It was very cool.  When we got to the exhibit, they take a photo of your group that you have the option to purchase at the end of the exhibit.  I think it turned out really well. 

Rob, Shannon, Me, Clayton and Rick
next, they gave their own "tickets" of actual persons that would have been on that sailing of the Titanic.  

Rick's Ticket
My Ticket
Clayton's Ticket
This is where we had to guess if we survived or perished.  At the end of the exhibit, there is a huge sign with all the ship's passengers and we were to check to see if we survived or died.   Rick, Clay and I all perished, which was a little sad.

Overall it was very interesting.   So far 5500 artifacts have been recovered from the sinking of the Titanic.  It was also amazing that even some of the wine that they were drinking still is corked in the bottles after the ship being sunk in 12,500 ft. of water for 75 years!  

The exhibit has been to many cities worldwide and will be in Calgary until June 27, 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment