Sunday, April 17, 2011

Life Is Short...

Yes Camp Croppin was cut short for me this year and I was so disappointed but for reasons beyond my control, it wasn't in the cards for me.

Today was a sad day.  It always is a sad day when someone very special passes away.  My parents have some best friends that have been part of my life since I can remember.  Let me call them Dot and Bob.  Bob passed away Friday night and I was at a scrapbooking convention and wasn't told by my parents until midnight.  My youngest son was staying at my folk's house for the weekend.  I felt so sorry for my parents as they have really had some rough years lately.  First it was my younger brother and now one of their best friends.  As much as I was disappointed to not be able to attend Camp Croppin on Saturday with all three of the classes, I wanted them to be there for Dot.  Bob was a kind soul with a heart of gold.  He always was up to some funny antic and loved his family and friends dearly.  Kids would flock to him as they all loved him.

It always makes me realize how short life is.  Hug your loved ones today and tell them how you feel about them because you never know....

No comments:

Post a Comment