Monday, April 15, 2013

Scrapbook Challenges Sketch #340


Hello everyone!

Today is Monday and that means that Scrapbook Challenges has another sketch reveal!



Scrapbook Challenges Sketch #340

I thought this was a great sketch to use up those paper scraps that you have in your stash.  I chose to do a layout of a summer vacation from 2010 where we went to Osoyoos, British Columbia, which is the wine capital of Canada,  and also has a very hot climate that makes it perfect for fruit orchards.  Picking cherries on a 35 degree celscius day was quite the experience!



I bought a little cherry stamp from Michaels and stamped on the cardstock using my Faber Castell Big Brush Pitt Pens to colour the outline of the stamp in green and red and then placed My Mind's Eye Enamel Dots inside the cherries to add more interest and dimension.


There is also lots of washi tape to fill in those spaces to keep the layout balanced and used some twine and also a calendar sticker to place the date.





I used a journal sticker and wrote the journaling with a red gel pen.


I love this photo of my husband and son heading out to pick some cherries.


I placed another journal sticker of our location


I wanted to create a unique title to my page so I used some twine and a fine glue pen and placed the twine down and spelled "picking" and then added an enamel dot to dot the "i".  I then used some letter stickers and faux stitched around the word "picking". The colours green and red were used because of the colour of cherries.


Finally I finished off the layout with some twine and buttons randomly on paper squares.

I hoped you like my layout.  Please check out what the other design team members created at Scrapbook Challenges here.  

Thanks so much for stopping by!  I really appreciate it!

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! I loveeeeeeee the title work!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love what you did with the sketch! Need to pin it to my sketch board!
    I love blocked grid designs :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just adorable!! I love the blocks of color and the use of the ribbon and twine...just love it! You will be featured tomorrow morning on the Paper Issues blog!!

    ReplyDelete