Saturday, April 20, 2013

Sharing A Layout

Happy Saturday! Today I sat down and thought I would just get messy and do a playful, artsy, colourful layout.  There was a photo that was speaking to me to scrapbook of my daughter's girlfriend Kelsi, who is such a sweetheart. I gathered some acrylic paints, mists, stencils, stamps, paper and embellishments and this is what I came up with.


The title is made of vellum and cut with the Silhouette Cameo and then gesso was placed over it and then outlined with a yellow gel pen and a black pen for more definition
I used Tim Holtz stamps with paint and a chicken wire stencil with modeling paste and Heidi Swapp Color Shine Mists to spray over the stencil.

I used a butterfly border punch for the yellow border

The photo is matted with patterned paper and I layered some embellishments along the left side of the photo.

Sometimes it's just nice to create with no plan or sketch.  It was fun and that's all that matters.

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

  1. Love the chicken wire mask work. Your vellum title treatment is really cool. Thanks for playing along with us at SWAT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowzers!! Fantastic use of the modeling paste! Love it! Thank you for joining our "basic training" at SWAT!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE IT!!! Great job with the paste thank you so much for playing along with us at S.W.A.T!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the modeling paste and chicken wire- really cute and love the colors you chose for it too! :) Thanks for joining us over at SWAT! :)

    ReplyDelete