Thursday, April 4, 2013

Sketches In Thyme Sketch #107

Hello everyone!

Today at Sketches In Thyme we are revealing Sketch #107.  It is a fun sketch and I liked working with it.

Sketches In Thyme #107
I chose to do an layout about Easter and the task of coloring eggs.  My children are too old to enjoy this, so I still color some eggs for my dad who loves hard boiled colored eggs for his breakfasts.  I chose a new collection by Doodlebug Design that is named "Flowerbox".  I also added some brads, from my stash, that are also from Doodlebug Design dated 2009.  It's great to mix new products with old products.

This layout is out for publication in Canadian Scrapbooker Magazine Spring 2014 issue!



On this layout, I used some washi tape and stickers, also by Doodlebug Design, as well as some diecuts that I created with my Silhouette Cameo for the title, the eggs, the grass border, and the scalloped oval shape behind the title.  Finally, I finished the title and eggs with some Stickles in Thistle, Orange Peel, Waterfall, and Yellow to give some glitter to the die cuts.

I hope you like my layout and I also hope that you are inspired to create a layout with this fabulous sketch.  Be sure to stop by Sketches In Thyme to see what the other designers have created with this sketch and also to upload your creation for this sketch for a chance to be our May guest designer!  How cool is that?

Thanks for stopping by and have a creative day!

4 comments:

  1. Fabulous take on the sketch!!! Love your bright and cheery Easter Egg layout!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the sketch Lee-Anne and your LO is stunning.....cool die-cuts and colour palette.
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love all the fun colors! Great work with the sketch!

    ReplyDelete