Saturday, October 31, 2015

Chevron Layout

Hello friends! Happy Saturday! Today I wanted to share a layout I created of my teenage son inspired by a layout created by Paige Evans.  I also wanted to bust my stash and use some older papers.


 I love creating teen layouts and back to school layouts and I also love 6X6 paper pads.
 This layout was created with the Off To School Collection by Fancy Pants Designs way back in 2011.



I cut out the title "Clay" on white card stock with my Silhouette Cameo, watercolored it with Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Squeezed Lemonade and splattered some Liquitex Black India Ink.

For the triangle paper shapes, I took a one inch square paper punch and punched out square shapes and them cut them in half diagonally.  Then I arranged the paper triangles in a pattern repeating the colors and pattern five times on the page creating chevrons.



Sewing machines are great for adhering papers on a layout so I used some temporary adhesive very sparingly to hold the paper triangles in place and then machine stitched along the papers in a zig zag design with white thread adhering them to the white card stock background.

Matting the photo is simple with the 6 X 6 pads.  I love lots of layering and texture behind the photo.


To complete the layout, I journaled with a black pen below the bottom chevron in a zig zag design, and last but not least, a flair button from A Flair For Buttons and some red embroidery thread to make the flair button pop.

I hope you enjoyed your visit.  Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have a great Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment