Saturday, August 6, 2016

Strawberry Pie

Hello friends!  I hope you are having a good weekend so far.  Today I am sharing this layout at A Flair For Buttons using some flair buttons from the Baker 2 Flair Set and the strawberry flair button from the Fresh Market Flair Set.  I love baking pies and in the summer I love to make fruit pies when the fruits are in season.  Strawberry pie is one of those pies that is easy to make and it looks so pretty.


I have been inspired by quilts lately and I recently saw a quilt with strawberries.  The quilt had fabric squares, but thought it could easily be done on patterned paper with a square paper punch.

I looked through some of my Bella Blvd. collections and chose some strawberry patterned papers as well as some red and green papers and punched away.  Once I had punched out plenty of squares, I cut the squares diagonally to create triangles and created a paper strawberry.


I had some perfect flair buttons to add to the layout.  Some were from the Baker 2 Flair Set 







I fussy cut some strawberries and a jar with strawberries and added some foam squares to give some dimension.  The title was cut with my Silhouette Cameo on black cardstock with a script cut file from Just Nick Digital Cut Files that I welded together. 


To complete the layout, I added some stitching with my sewing machine and inked the white card stock background with some Ranger Spun Sugar Distress Ink to make the title pop.

I loved creating this layout and did some paper stash busting too.  It's always a good thing to find the perfect flair buttons to add to a project.

Check out the A Flair For Buttons store for these flair buttons and many more.  Have a great day!















No comments:

Post a Comment