Monday, August 29, 2016

Summer Lovin Layout And Step By Step Tutorial

Hello friends! Today I am sharing a summer layout on the Just Nick Digital Cut Files blog using the pineapple shapes and lemon wedges from the Summer Fun cut files set and the title "Lovin Summer" from the Summer Lovin cut files set.


I was inspired by this lovely quilt I saw online recently and thought the pineapple could easily be replicated on patterned paper by using a square paper punch.


I began searching for yellow and green patterned papers in my stash.  I also found a paper with pineapple designs.  For this layout it was all Bella Blvd. papers from various collections that I had in my stash.  I went ahead and punched out several squares and cut them diagonally with a pair of scissors.


I cut and adhered the pineapple paper strips to the top and bottom of the layout.


Next I cut out my digital cut files, printed out my journaling, printed my photo, fussy cut the sun and chose my flair buttons.


I inked with some Ranger Squeezed Lemonade Distress Ink and and also some Ranger Shabby Shutters Distress Ink on the white card stock where the pineapple is going to be placed.




After the white card stock was inked and dry, I  began adding the paper triangles.


Next I punched holes with my paper piercer about 1/4 inches apart around the perimeter of the pineapple.  I chose some yellow embroidery floss, some green embroidery floss and hand stitched around the pineapple using three strands of floss and an embroidery needle.




The pineapple is now completed.  Notice that I didn't adhere the triangles down completely flat because I wanted the pineapple to appear to have texture just like a real pineapple.


I added my fussy cut sun and added the 3 pineapple shapes in a triangle around the page.


Then I added my photo and a green triangle for a photo corner and then my flair buttons and black card stock die cut title "Summer Lovin".




To complete the layout, I added an enamel dot to the letter "i" in the word "Lovin", adhered my journaling strips and the three lemon wedge die cuts.


Be sure and check out all the awesome designs in the Just Nick store and also the flair buttons in the A Flair For Buttons store.

Have a great day!

Cut Files Used On Layout

Summer Fun


Summer Lovin












Flair Buttons Used On Layout

Just Hearts 2 Flair






















No comments:

Post a Comment